Often, I receive questions about the integrations used in Ivanti Automation. I already described the integration between Ivanti Automation and Ivanti Neurons for ITSM (formally known as ISM). But in this blog, we will go a step further.
What if you can install software from the Ivanti Endpoint Manager requested by the self-service portal of Ivanti Neurons for ITSM?
What is needed to accomplish this masterpiece of integration? Please read this blog, which describes the prerequisites, software, add-ons, and configurations.
- Installation of Ivanti Automation (Console, Dispatcher, and Agent installed).
- Ivanti Automation Dispatcher WebAPI enabled (https://www.automatedvision.info/2023/01/enabling-ivanti-automation-dispatcher-webapi/).
- Installation of Ivanti Endpoint Manager 2022 with Service Update 2 or higher.
- Installation of Ivanti Neurons for ITSM (Onprem or Cloud).
- Ivanti Neurons for ITSM integration with Ivanti Automation enabled (https://www.automatedvision.info/2021/01/730/).
- Ivanti Neurons for ITSM Business Object ivnt_AutomationSoftwarePackage must be available. Use the link below to download the script to import the Business Object when the Business Object is not available.
- Ivanti Neurons for ITSM Request Offering template Software Installation Template should be available. Use the link below to download the template file when unavailable.
- Endpoint Manager Agents imported into Ivanti Neurons for ITSM CI Business Object and assigned to users.
- Ivanti Automation Add-ons installed (use the link to download the connectors):
IA – Ivanti Automation
EPM – Ivanti EndPoint Manager
ISM – Ivanti Service Manager (new name Ivanti Neurons for ITSM)
API – Application Programming Interface
BO – Ivanti Neurons for ITSM Business Object
SOAP – Simple Object Access Protocol
WSDL – Web Services Description Language
Ivanti acquired a lot of IT companies over the years. Think about RES Software, MobileIron, Cherwell, etc.
Ivanti customers from either of these companies acquired are also buying other Ivanti products and need integrations between the products.
With Ivanti Automation, we can build these integrations. Ivanti Automation comes from the acquired company RES Software and is an incredible tool for automating IT processes but also for integrations between Ivanti products or 3rd party software.
With EPM, we can install software packages for EPM agents, and ISM has a self-service portal that allows users to request all kinds of business-related stuff.
This blog describes how users can request business software to be installed on their devices. This process can even require approval and/or license approval when needed.
- The user requests a product to install.
- ISM sends the request to IA (REST API).
- IA executes the Runbook with the provided information.
- IA Runbook executes the EPM API to start the Software Distribution (API & WSDL)
- When EPM finishes the installation, the EPM API reports this back to IA (API).
- IA sends a completion of the software installation back to ISM to close the request.